Friday, June 15, 2012

Worthy of mention

I don't usually post about my own health issues on my blog but today I will make an exception.  For much of the past six months I have been very tired and often sick to my stomach. When I exerted myself I would experience nausea and have pain in my lower left shoulder blade.  I have fibromyalgia and that seemed to be the easy reason.  My doctor works very hard at covering every possible angle and last week she mentioned that women often experience heart problems in a very different manner then men.  She asked if I would be willing to under go testing.  I agreed and that led to a failed stress test.  That in turn led to a CT angiography that showed a 80% blockage of a main artery in my heart.  The cardiologist was very surprised as he said he had never seen a heart problem present this way.  Long story short; on Monday I am scheduled for a coronary artery angioplasty.  It is expected that I will have a stent placed and go home on Tuesday.

Life is always an adventure isn't it!  I'm so glad we never have to go it alone.  God is always with us and he holds the future in his hands.  I appreciate your prayers for a successful procedure on Monday and that AJ's abdomen will continue to heal and stay free of infection.  What I really don't want is both of us hospitalized at the same time.

God is good; All the time.

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment