- Katie graduated from Bethlehem College & Seminary. We had a great time of celebration at her commencement and we are excitedly watching God's plans unfold in her life.
- We were able to do some traveling this summer, including to our favorite vacation spot in Grand Marais.
- We had a Shaw family reunion at our home this summer. It was so great to be able to visit with each person that came.
- Sadly my father suffered a stroke this summer. We are thankful for the partial recovery that God has brought and we continue to pray for He and my Mom; daily life is harder for both of them. Our dependence on God deepens during these experiences that push us beyond what we thought we could bear and God provides the grace to keep moving forward.
- AJ has had an entire 12 months free of hospitalizations. This is a first for AJ and we are so thankful for God's mercy over him. He is in the 75% on the growth charts; an uncommon threshold for a child with EB.
- AJ began Kindergarten and is loving every minute. He is surrounded by friends and knows he is loved by many
- It is rare that Arianna has any opportunity to take part in activities outside of the hospital care center where she lives. Last month, she had the special opportunity to visit a zoo. It was in the evening that they visited, as she does not handle the heat well. Her nurse was directing her to look at a zoo animal but Arianna continued to look off in another direction. Her nurse told her to look in the direction of the animal but Arianna responded by saying, "No, look at this! It is the moon! I have never seen the moon before!"
A Time for Everything Ecclesiastes 3 (English Standard Version ESV)
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.