Sunday, November 6, 2011

In The Hospital

We are back at St Mary's Hospital.  AJ is feeling great but the area around his G tube site is swollen, red and very hot - clearly an infection.  He had the same type of infection in 2008 and it was a bit hard to get rid of.  My hope is that we will go home tomorrow.  He is on IV antibiotics and so far the swelling is worse.  AJ feels great.  We are stuck in isolation due to the MRSA infection.  Entertaining a three year old in a hospital bed attached to a short IV line is tough. (Caroline and Raul, I thought of you)

While we were waiting to get admitted, I asked AJ if there was anything I could get him.  I was reading books to him and I thought maybe he wanted another.  Instead he said, I want "gog".  This usually means "dog" and I told him that Jackie can not come to the hospital.  He said no, I want "gog".  So I said, you want God?  He said, Yes, I want God to come and make my tummy better.  It was so sweet.  It must bless God. So we prayed together that God help his tummy heal.

At this point AJ has the hang of the hospital bed.  Head up and down, foot up and down.  It reminds me of those comedies where someone gets closed up in the bed. The nurse promised me the bed will not go that far (she also showed me where the over-ride switch is but that would take away all of his fun).

Tomorrow they might do a CT scan to try to find where the source of the infection is.  Last time it was a fissure that went from his stomach, through the skin, and out.  Eventually everything that went into his stomach leaked out the hole.  Hopefully it will heal before it reaches the point of rupturing.  (sorry if that is a bit gross)

I'll try to update again tomorrow.  Thanks for all of your prayers.  God is good and we are so thankful that AJ is feeling so great.

Love,

Barbara and AJ

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for him and for the rest of your family. Hope you find ways to entertain him.
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete